- Exploring the Jewish values of tzedakah & chesed (righteous giving & kindness) & sakranut (curiosity)
- Developing of our teens personal Jewish Identity & understanding of the Jewish world’s diversity
- Learning about Israel & Worldwide Jewry
- Discussing modern antisemitism and the Holocaust
- Celebrating holidays together and learning the stories they didn’t tell you in religious school
Club 7/8 meets every week throughout the school year. Our 7th grade class is taught by Rabbi Alex as he spends time learning with our upcoming BMitzvah students and building meaningful relationships with them. Our 8th graders are taught by a familiar face – Eitan Strauss-Cohn – who tutored them as they prepared for their BMitzvah and helped lead their services.
BESHTY (Beth Shir Temple Youth, our 9th-12th graders) is a safe space for our teens to relax every Tuesday. Some weeks focus on meaningful conversation & the intersection of teenage life with Jewish values. Some weeks focus on group bonding, relaxing, and fun. Our older teens can also partake in the BESHTY board, a group of teen leaders who help plan events and lead programs.
Travel in 2024
Teen Trip to NYC!
Travel to New York City to explore the city’s rich Jewish heritage: eat your way through the Lower East Side & learn about the Jewish immigrant experience of Eastern European Jewry, visit New York’s oldest synagogues, wander through Central Park, and even see a Broadway show!
February 15-19, 2023 | Email Lori for details
Community Trip to Israel
Join our community trip to the holy land this summer! We will explore Jerusalem, spend Shabbat on the beach in Tel Aviv, float in the Dead Sea, hike to natural springs in the desert, ride cable cars down to Rosh HaNikra’s grottoes, visit the mystical city of Safed, and so much more!